Friday, January 8, 2016

Messages Out Of The Ether

     What is the deal with people now getting communications written on store receipts? The latest one I’ve seen is a lady who got a message on her pizza receipt. The store manager was unhappy with her as he deemed her a troublemaker. The actual message was so bad that the report couldn’t print it. At least that makes the message seem news worthy.
But hardly a week goes by without someone receiving some kind of note on a store receipt. It’s either some creepy romantic advance, some racial slur, some gender related slam, or even an actual and welcomed complement.
     Any more if I get a receipt without some message scribbled on it, (and this happens all the time) I feel as though I’m being ignored, or maybe a second-class citizen. I’m not even important enough to be insulted. Life sucks.
But I always have tomorrow. Maybe somebody will send me a message of some kind.
I think I’ll order a pizza.


No comments: