Thursday, March 2, 2017

Where Have You Been All My Life 
     And what’s the deal with probiotics. I’m seventy-eight years old and suddenly I find out that my body doesn’t know what it’s doing? You could have fooled me. And after doing a little research, emphasis on little, I find that there is now a whole industry wrapped around introducing special bacteria into my body so that it can function as intended. 
     Where has this bacteria been all my life? Evidently not in me, or according to all the hoopla I would have felt much better, probably achieved much more in life, been happier, and obviously been able to earn more money. Maybe even been able to spell. 
     Some of the benefits this research has explained to me are; helps digestion, wards off bugs, (I wonder if the bug union is aware that some more of their members have gone over to the good side), treats high cholesterol, eases anxiety, (which I didn’t have before finding out that my body wasn’t smart enough to produce this wonderful, life enhancing bacteria on its own), and that it will alleviate allergies. (Notice the use of the word alleviate, which means to make less severe, which means that any results are very difficult to measure.) 
     Once again I find myself behind the health curve. But if history is an indication of the future on health care issues, the curve will circle around until I find that surprise, surprise, I’m out front again. A person just has to be patient.

No comments: