Monday, March 6, 2017

I May Be in Big Trouble 
    Headline says Cute calf video draws activists fearful of animal’s fate. Okay, two points: First, all calves are cute. I’ve seen plenty and there was not an ugly one in the bunch. Usually the cuteness wears off quickly, but to start with they are all cute.    It seems that a farm owner posted a picture of this calf on some sort of social media, (I bet he won’t do that again), and some animal rights activists deemed it too cute to be used in the normal way. They probably came to that decision while eating their Big Macs, but hypocrisy is another subject. 
   The second point is this: The headline leads me to believe that if the calf had been ugly, the activists concern would have been somewhere between less and nonexistent. So, that tells me that the activists think the non-cute in this world are not worth saving. I don’t know about you, but that makes me nervous, and could give me a complex. That is if I put any credence at all in the opinions of these activists.

No comments: