Thursday, March 16, 2017

He Just Had This Desire Sweep Over Him 
    In Hillsboro, Oregon, a man was using a street sweeper to clean up a parking lot. He had left it for only a minute when a man jumped in and drove off with his sweeper. After a ten-mile chase the police caught the thief and recovered the street sweeper. This genius is being charged with several things, the least of which is parole violation. I guess a condition of his parole was that he not steal a street sweeper. 
    As I read this I had a couple questions:
    Why a street sweeper? If I needed a vehicle I think the last thing I’d steal is a street sweeper. I mean, I don’t think they even have GPS capability, and how about stereo and AC? 
    What did the thief want with this sweeper? Did he have a street that needed cleaning? Did he mistake it for a really big motorbike? Was there alcohol involved? 
    And then there are the Hillsboro Police. Ten miles to catch a street sweeper? Give me a break. What were they afraid of? Getting swept up in the chase? 
    And last but not least, this guy should ask for a refund from Gray Bar U. His last attendance there didn’t seem to teach him much. Of course, he is going to get another shot at those classes he obviously failed the first time he was incarcerated.

No comments: