Saturday, November 19, 2016

I Feel So Much Better Now 
      I have discovered, via the media, and repeated again and again since the election, that nearly everything that is going wrong in my life is due to Trump’s winning and becoming the President-elect. 
      I don’t quite understand how some of these things can be connected to the election, but would the media lie? 
      The media has been touting some strange things that people swear are the result of what they feel was an unfair and totally manipulated election. 
      I think these people might be the ones who as kids got a trophy for just being there, whether they excelled in any way or not, or even put in an effort, and expect life as an adult to do the same for them. 
      But I’m getting off the subject, but only by just a little bit. Today I went to the grocery store and what do you know, the price of grapes was up to 1.88 per pound. Trump’s winning the election has struck again.   
      Then there’s the stock market. A number of people were predicting that a Trump win would take the market into a nosedive like we’d not seen for years. I’ve no idea who these predictors were, and I’m guessing the media didn’t know or care, just gave their prognostications conspicuous coverage. But woops, it didn’t quite work out that way. The day after the election, the market started to go up and hasn’t stopped until today when it dropped a tad. 
      I’ve not seen one follow-up by the media on the market’s reaction to the election. I’m not saying the media has ignored it, just that I’ve not seen it. And face it, the media is not known for admitting when it’s gotten something wrong. 
      Another thing is the price of gas. The last tank full I bought cost me more than two cents a gallon more than the tank full I bought just before the election. Trump’s winning the election has struck again. 
      I could go on, but I think you can see why I feel so relieved, finally knowing why these adverse things are happening to me.

No comments: