Sunday, October 9, 2016

To Watch or Not to Watch 

     While cruising through the TV listings I’ve noticed a program that keeps showing up entitled, Do You Poop Enough? With a catchy title like that, I’m surprised that I’ve not tuned in to see what it’s about. 
     I’d like to meet the marketing person who thought up that title and listen to his rationale. 
     I’ve no idea what the program’s about, but one thing for sure, is that the title is a tad off-putting. Plus there is the suspicion that they are trying to sell something. Now, I don’t know if this program is shown globally or just in Central Oregon. Maybe they think that out here in the desert, with cultural opportunities so few and far between, we’ll be willing to watch anything. I hate to inform them that in this case they’ve misjudged my desperation for entertainment and/or information. 


 When Your Mother Told You to Wear Clean Underwear When You Travel, She Might Have Foreseen This 

 This takes a ‘room with a view’ to a whole new level. In Changsha, China, a resort has built public glass bathrooms. Not glass fixtures, but glass walls. You got it, both the stalls and the urinals plus the occupants are visible to those outside. So people who can’t function without privacy would need to look elsewhere for someplace to relieve themselves. 
    The big question is Why? The reason given is so that people who need to use the facilities can still look out and enjoy the view of the surrounding scenic wooded area. That reason seems a little lame. Is the scenery so compelling that a person can’t disengage from it for the few minutes the bathroom function is going to take? Like I said, the resorts reasoning seems a little dodgy to me. 
    They just may be trying to start a new spectator sport. Think about it!

No comments: