Monday, April 18, 2016

Do They Think I’m an Idiot or What? (I really don’t expect any comments on that) 

      I find in my emails a certain amount of communications that people have forwarded to me that they have received and feel I must read for my edification and the welfare of the nation. 
      For instance, one piece stated with great fanfare, that Obama used the Quran instead of a Bible at his swearing-in ceremony when he became president. Right off I’m saying, my personnel opinion notwithstanding, Obama could not be dumb enough to do something like that. To me it was a no-brainer. One minute of research told me my hunch was right. 
      An aside: I also learned that people can use anything they want to place their hand on when taking the oath of office---a Bible, the Quran, a comic book, or nothing at all. 
      Another example: Someone forwarded to me an article about a muslin woman who was appointed a municipal district judge in New York City. The article claimed that Obama had hand-picked this attorney for the job. 
      Now it seems that municipal judges are near the bottom of the ladder as far as judges go and New York City has a plethora of them. 
      My antenna tells me that Obama has more to do than hand pick judges in the municipal court of New York. 
      Another example: I was forwarded an article the originator claims was written by the son of Billy Graham. This article didn’t say which son. (Probably doesn’t even know there are two of them.) One son is an Evangelical Christian evangelist, much like his father. The other son is also into a Christian ministry, but has had some personal problems. 
      The call-to-arms that one of these gentlemen supposedly wrote is virtually demanding an armed insurrection in this country to get it back on track, saying in part, “It will take individual acts of defiance and massive displays of civil disobedience to get back the rights we have allowed them to take away. It will take zealots, not moderates.” 
      Give me a break. Does this sound like something either one of Billy’s sons would write? My common sense tells me, “No way!”
      An interesting fact: Not one of these three pieces of ‘critical’ information came with any kind of authorship credentials. Now if a person was serious about propagating some kind of information, wouldn’t establishing your credentials be the first thing you’d undertake? So in my opinion the lack of authorship credentials is the first clue that I’m looking at garbage that is certainly not worth my time, and most certainly not something I’d pass on to someone else, even though nearly each of these kinds of emails tries to lay a guilt trip on me if I don’t forward it on to somebody. 
      The next big question is, “Why do people keep forwarding this garbage to my email and to Lorraine’s email. What motivates them?” Coming up with an answer to that is my next project. I’ll let you know if I figure it out.

No comments: