Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Uncle Vellanoff's Journal


I recently found the journal of my possibly imaginary great Uncle Vellanoff. The following is how he introduces himself before going on to detail his life experiences.

Some of his journal entries will appear in my upcoming book about my growing up years on the farm, and a few other possibly interesting experiences.

We will add to this blog as time permits my deciphering Uncle Vellanoff's journal. I'm not sure of the veracity of his experiences, so be warned.

From the journal:

I, Vellanoff Spady, having recently arrived from Russia to this wonderful land of the United States of America, will try to record to the best of my ability and without much embellishment, the things that happen to me during the next several years. There are two reasons for doing this:  one it might improve my English, and two it might be interesting to whoever should find this Journal after I’m gone. The reason for my leaving Russia is of no import, as I have no desire to make anyone an accessory. Let’s just say that I left in a hurry, as the result of a difference of opinion with the secret police.

No comments: