Thursday, March 3, 2016

     Never In the Right Place at the Right Time

     When living in Wisconsin one of our fun things to do was to go to the cheese store. Every town had one. The bigger towns had several. In Wisconsin, there are a number of things to do for fun in addition to the cheese store, ice fishing, water fishing, even fishing for fish. (Forgive me) Then you have snowmobiling, and right below ice fishing on the list is the annual Spring Recover-Your-Vehicle-That-Fell-Through-The-Ice Festival, in which cheese plays a big part.
     Anyway, in Wisconsin, cheese is a big business, and it appears that in Wisconsin, stealing cheese is also big business. Recently the police have had a string of successes recovering some of this stolen cheese. In Germantown, they recovered $70,000 of cheddar. In Marshfield, police recovered 41,000 pounds of Parmesan worth $90,000.
     That sounds like a lot and is quite a bit, but when my two daughters were growing up, they could get five pounds per month of cheese caught under their fingernails just getting the cheese in and out of the refrigerator. But I digress.
     Now, in lots of places, the recovery of stolen cheese would not be a headline event, but like I said before, in Wisconsin, cheese is a big deal.
     Now for those who know me I want to say, I have an alibi for the time each of those shipments went missing. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

No comments: