Thursday, July 9, 2015

It's Amazing We Humans Have Lived This Long

We've just learned that the sun is more mean-spirited than previously thought. I've just found out that after being in the sun, the UV rays that you're not in any more, can continue to damage your skin for up to four hours after you get out of the sun. Now tell me, is that really fair? And how about eight hours ago, or last week, or last summer? I spent whole summers in the sun when I was growing up on the farm, so I'm probably doomed. But the way I look at it is this, what more can the sun do to me? At my age? So my philosophy is, I don't bother the sun and I expect the sun not to bother me.

I got this information off the internet so have no idea if it has any basis in fact, but I bet it will start a whole new level of frenzied warnings, and  profound sounding articles from dermatologists whose degrees are from Andy and Joe's Online Medical U. And that will be followed up with about 2,376 different products that manufactures have in the pipeline just waiting for this information to scare the 'whatever' out of everybody."

Now if I had a suspicious mind I'd be thinking, "How convenient this information is for the sun-screen people, and the 2,736 products they have in their pipelines just waiting for this information to scare the 'whatever' out of everybody." That's if I had a suspicious mind.







No comments: